Need a Work or Limited Licence?
Auckland | NZ Nationwide
This page is for Auckland customers. If you live elsewhere in New Zealand, please see our Nationwide Service page.
Fast, Efficient & User Friendly
Plus court filing fee (Effective 1 July 2013) $200.00 for Demerit Points or $150 for Drink Drive/ Court imposed disqualification
Satisfaction or money back guarantee*
What you get for your $599+GST fee in Auckland:
- Fastest work licence application online
- Instant easy access to comprehensive (online) 10 minute questionnaire!
- Quickest application 3 days (A genuine medical emgergency!) Normal time 5-7 working days if you have your demerit letter or your 28 day stand-down has or is about to expire otherwise it will take longer.
- Next day office appointment (1/2 block up from Auckland District Court) or same day telephone interview! Your choice! (Telephone interview takes approx 15-20 minutes)
- Always available via Iphone or Ipad to make an appointment
- Fast response to your email or txt
- 24 hour on call office secretary toll free 0800 ok2drive number 24/7 to book appointment
- $200.00 court filing fee for Demerit Points or $150.00 for Drink Drive/ Court imposed disqualification
- Filing fee must be paid before the application can be set down in court
- Pay as you go for Limited Licence.
- Instructing Solicitor available if you don’t have one.
- Extra charge of $250+GST only if your application is opposed by police and a court hearing is required (this is rare).
- 99% of my applications are unopposed because of the realistic way I prepare your affdiavit and frame the draft order.
- Judges approve almosty all of the applications we prepare and file with the court. Some judges have even praised the affidavits I have prepared for client and employer!
- A lawyer is normally available to swear your employer affidavit the same day service in Greater Auckland area if they cannot get to a lawyer, JP or Court Registrar. (Cost $80)
- Your application is normally filed with police prosecution within 24 hours if you have demerit notice or your 28 day stand down has expired or is about to expire.
- Easy online payment facility.
- Free Log book.
- Check out our great client references!
- Satisfaction or money back guarantee*
Do You Qualify?
You do not qualify for a work licence if:
- you have an indefinite disqualification and have been ordered to attend an Assessment centre as a result of repeat offences involving alcohol and drugs.
- you have been convicted of any two of the following types of offences committed in separate incidents within 5 years of each other:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (excluding youth alcohol level)
- Reckless or dangerous driving
- Careless driving causing injury or death
- Failing to stop after an accident
- Applying for or obtaining a licence whilst disqualified from doing so
Further it is not possible to apply for a work licence:
- for the purpose of conducting driving tests or acting as a driving instructor
- for use in a passenger service (unless no more than 20 of the demerit points were accumulated while driving in a passenger service)
- for use in a transport service, if you were disqualified for excess alcohol while operating a transport service vehicle
Barrister Melanie Coxon can help you online if:
- this is your first or second suspension for demerit points and you need to drive for work
- this is your first drink drive conviction within the past five years (and you have no other disqualifying conviction - see above) and are now on a 28 day stand down or your stand down period has just expired
- you have been charged with sustained loss of traction or other traffic offence resulting in suspension
and now need a work licence fast to keep your job.
If you qualify then click the RED get started button on this page then answer the questions.
(It will take you approximately 10 minutes)
Double check that you have put in the correct rego number/s of the vehicle you seek to drive. Also ensure that the vehicle/s you wish to drive from home to work and home again or just at work are currently registered and have a valid warrant of fitness. If they do not, your application will be seriously delayed.
How it Works
Take 10 minutes and answer as many of the questions as you can on my website then hit the submit button.
As soon as I receive your response on my iPhone, I or one of my staff will contact you and make an appointment for you to see me the very next day. No messing around.
When you arrive at my chambers I will give you a copy of my client care documents which includes my fee quote $599 + gst. No surprises! Then with your help I will complete preparation of your application in a timely fashion.
Once this is done I will give you my bill of costs which you can pay by EFTPOS, credit card, cash, online bank transfer or 'gold nugget'. (you must also have a sense of humor!) I will then fax or deliver a copy of your application to the police and at the same time book you a court appointment for the hearing of your application.
Now you know what is going to happen, stop sweating! Just click the RED 'Get Started' button on the work licence page and leave the rest up to me!
* How the Money Back Guarantee Works
My ‘Money back Guarantee’ applies only if the police refuse consent and you do not wish to proceed further with your application or the Judge refuses to grant the draft order filed in court or any subsequent amended order despite police consent.
The money back guarantee is subject to you providing me accurate information when you answer the website questions/and or during our telephone conference or in person interview. ie you must have no previous disqualifying offences within 5 years of the date of your current offence. The guarantee applies only if the judge fails to grant the application. ($460 max refund) It does not operate if for any reason you instruct me to stop or withdraw the application once I have prepared your affidavit and supporting papers and obtained police consent. ie you change your mind for any reason whatsoever.
A half fee refund is available if you have written confirmation from your employer that he has withdrawn his affidavit in support of your application and that you have lost your job before the actual court hearing but for no other reason.
Note: No refunds for 'Special Licence Applications'.
Fast & Efficient! Why?
- Office one half block from the Auckland District Court towards Victoria Street
- My chambers in the James Kirkpatrick Building, suite 3, ground floor, 87-89 Albert Street
- The AA (Automobile Association) is 1 block away where you go to pick up your temporary licence
- FAQs section on website
- Immediate Appointment
- Contactable by email email@example.com or phone 0800ok2drive or 021911133
- You can also pay by easy online bank direct credit
- Shortest processing time in Auckland!
- Money Back Guarantee!
- Free Log book
Get Driving Fast!
- Take 10 minutes now and get started below
- Save hours of preparation time for the lawyer
- Save days processing your application
Still have Questions?
- Call: 0800-OK2DRIVE (24/7) or
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Application Form
To get started, fill out the online application form for limited work licences:
Still have Questions?
- Call: 0800-OK2DRIVE (24/7) or
- Email: email@example.com
Hi Melanie and the rest of the team, I was planning to email you as I walked home last night because the relief I felt was enormous. Every body was busy or out when I left your office and I was keen to thank you so much for helping me get the limited licence, despite the wild card judge derailing things. Yes I got a call back with a reference number and I was able to get the temporary licence yesterday. I have the court order in the log book and understand the conditions for filling it out before and after each trip. Keep up the good work and I will most definitely recommend you. Thanks again
Hello Melanie & Harriet, I have just uplifted my temporary work licence from the AA branch and would like to thank your team for providing an efficient and affordable service. I will definitely be recommending you to anyone I know who needs assistance. Once again, thank you very much. Regards J - 28 August 12
Once again I would like to thank you for your effort in obtaining the limited licences for me. You have gone extra mile to answer queries and working through Christmas break to ensure that I am back to work in only 2 days. You have contributed immensely in avoiding a possible loss of job for me. I really appreciate your service. Wish you and the team a very Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year. I will definitely recommend you to my other colleagues and family. You delivered more then you promised.
I would just like to thank you again for all your help in obtaining a limited licence for me. It was totally stress free and you were very understanding with the complications I had with the terms of my suspension. It was a very smooth process and you were very prompt, efficient and affordable. Harriet and Melanie were very friendly, can you please extend my regards as they were very professional and helpful. I have highly recommended you to my friends and colleagues. You are a life saver.
Hi Melanie & Team, thanks so much for your fantastic efficient efforts in getting me a day license in just 3 and a half days, it was inexpensive and hassle free. As far as I am concerned it was a small price to pay and all the departments I needed to visit were 'oh so handy' to your office. Your website was user friendly and what a time saver for all concerned.
I lost my licence for demerit points and was recommended Melanie Coxon through a friend, she was a great help and offered fantastic service going the extra mile to get me a limited work licence. I would highly recommend her service, it took a lot of stress off, meaning I was still able to work and support my family. Many thanks for all of your help!!
I found your service excellent and recommend you to everyone especially in regards to the speed you got my limited licence and the communication - with me being far away, and at such reasonable rates.
Hi Melanie & Team, thanks so much for your fantastic efficient efforts in getting me a limited license today.I discovered Melanie Coxon barrister and her Website 0800-ok2-drive which to my surprise was the best value for money and cheapest way for me to get my limited license application underway.She was a great help and offered fantastic service going the extra mile to get me a limited work licence. I would highly recommend her service .Everything went fine at court and I went to the AA outlet and got a temporary licence.Thank you again very very much for your time and effort and for taking care of someone even when theyre way down in the deep south .Recomend to everyone thankyou so much
Read our best reference ever!!
Thank you to Melanie Coxon and her team. I would like to say thankyou for all your help in the matter of my limited work licience . It was very professional and made so easy to understand. The whole prosses from start to finish was about two weeks from my first email to getting my limited work licence today with no problems at all. I would reccomend Melanie and her team to anyone that is unfortunate to make the same mistake I did. The service is supurb at a very affordable price.
Geoff, our family and I would like to send you the biggest thank you for sucessfully get Geoff his work licence.
We really appreciate the extra work you had to put into it after realising how many times (4) Geoff had lost his licence in the past due to demerits and for encouraging us to carry on with the licencse even when it all seemed destined to be denied.
So thank you, thank you, thank you and we wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years. - 28 Nov 2011
NOTE: Payment plan available for beneficiaries
Terms and Conditions of engagement are:
- Melanie Coxon holds no indemnity insurance.
- Melanie Coxon has had no Law Society complaints in her practising career.
- Melanie Coxon has her own complaints procedure available in accordance with the Client Care Rules 2008 of the Lawyers and Conveyancers Act 2006. Details supplied upon engagement, at request, or online here.